4 Most Realistic Electric Fireplaces: New Water Vapor Technology
Electric fireplaces are becoming more and more realistic. Back in 2017, a lot of electric fireplace manufacturers introduced an innovative concept - water vapor fireplaces.
Today, these fireplaces are the most realistic electric fireplaces on the market. They produce the best 3-Dimensional flame effect. Their displays look like real fire, but without any of the mess or danger.
The flame illusion is created by water mist and LED light. You wouldn't believe how real it looks! And in this article, we've brought you the 4 best models that use water vapor technology.
Top 4 Most Realistic Electric Fireplaces:
The Faber E-Matrix is our newest addition to our line of water vapor fireplaces. Like all our other vapor units, it run on water and doesn't require gas lines or flue. They also come with realistic logs and lifelike flames which provides the feel and ambiance of a real wood-burning fireplace.
For a more realistic fire experience, e-Matrix comes with light and sound modules that provide a pulsating burn on the logs as well as create soothing crackling sounds.
In photo: Dimplex Opti-myst® 500 - 20" Water Vapor Fireplace Cassette
Cost: under $1500
This is the original water vapor fireplace created by Dimplex. The Opti-Myst Pro 500 Cassette is only 20" long. It is the smallest and the most affordable one you can buy today.
Watch this video and see how real the flames look:
You can use this cassette to build your DIY water vapor fireplace. There are countless ways you can design your fireplace because the flames can be completely open.
This cassette can also be used to make a longer fireplace. It is popular to combine this model with it's bigger brother, Opti-myst Pro 1000 Cassette, to build a 60" long water vapor fireplace.
The cassettes seamlessly connect and can be synced together to work with one remote.
The Dimplex Opti-myst 500 can also be inserted into an existing fireplace. If you have a traditional wood or gas fireplace that you haven't been using, it can help you breathe life back into that old fireplace.
Let's summarize Dimplex Opti-myst 500's best features:
- Combine several units to build a fireplace of any length
- Install it anywhere where you have access to electricity
- Build a 2-sided, 3-sided fireplace or a fireplace with a 360-degree view!
Cost: around $2600
Opti-Myst Pro 1000 is the longest Opti-Myst cassette that spans 3 feet (1 m) and can be connected to each other for dramatic linear installations impossible to achieve with gas fireplaces!
Take a look at the stunning visuals you'll be getting with this model:
Cost: $5600 - $6000
In photo: Dimplex Opti-myst® Pro 1500 - 65” One or Two Sided Vapor Fireplace with Heater
Just like the previous 40" firebox model, this 65" water vapor electric firebox can be installed as a single-sided fireplace or converted to a see-through design by removing the included backer panel.
It is an all-in-one unit that includes:
- 60” Opti-myst® Pro 1500 Built-in Electric Firebox with Media Plate
- 2x water vapor cassettes that we mentioned in section 1 and 2
- front glass pane and an optional back glass pane for 2-sided installations
- a discrete heater (1,460 W/120 V); and,
- multi-function remote control.
This firebox is a great choice if you value the ease of installation over the variety of installation options you could have when you buy just a cassette.
Having this whole kit put together is really convenient. You don't have to worry about things like figuring out a proper airflow - it is all implemented in the firebox.
It's heater function is convenient too. It is nice to have for those chilly nights and you can turn it off if you want to enjoy your fireplace in the summer.
These are the best, most realistic electric fireplaces currently available on the market, and the Dimplex Opti-myst water vapor fireplaces are the most established.
To see more Dimplex Opti-myst electric fireplaces and other available models of water vapor electric fireplaces, you can browse our collection of Water Vapor Electric Fireplaces.
Need help finding your perfect fireplace? We can help you with that. Just give us a call or shoot us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to save on your fireplace purchase? Click here to get on our email list!
Pin this article:
- Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- Best Ventless Fireplaces
- How to Choose the Best Electric Fireplace
- Are Electric Fireplaces Worth the Money
- 5 Types of Fireplaces For Apartments and Homes Without Chimneys
- 3 Types of Electric Fireplaces to Install in a 2 x 4 Wall
- 4 Best Electric Fireplace Heaters to Warm Your Home
- 10 Amazing Electric Fireplaces With Changing Flame Color
Shop Electric Fireplaces Online:
- Wall Mounted Electric Fireplaces
- Built-in or Recessed Electric Fireplaces
- Electric Fireplace Inserts
- Water Vapor Fireplaces
- Commercial Electric Fireplaces
- Smart Electric Fireplaces
- Fireplaces for 2 x 4 Installation
- Best Selling Electric Fireplaces
Check out our social media: