5 Things you Didn't Know About Modern Fireplaces
Until recently fireplaces were not for everybody due to the requirement of a chimney, high installation costs, messy operation, and smell. Luckily, design and technology made fireplaces more practical and affordable. Here are 5 things that make modern fireplaces so much more appealing than traditional ones.
1. Most of modern fireplaces are vent-free and they do not require any chimney of a flue.
You can install them pretty much anywhere, even in the bathroom. A bathroom with a fireplace is definitely a luxurious image not too many homes feature.
2. Modern fireplaces no longer use wood so it becomes easier to use them.
They use gas, bio-ethanol fuel, or electricity instead. This makes them more environmental friendly as they as they put out more heat with less energy & fuel consumption. They also eliminate the smell and air pollution produced by traditional wood burning fireplaces.
3. It’s easy to include a modern fireplace into the décor of your home when they’re so easy to install.
Some of them can be simply built into your drywall or wall mounted like your flat-screen TV, and some are free standing and require no installation at all, in fact, you can place it anywhere you like and move whenever you feel like it.
4. With modern fireplaces, you can have your fireplace and TV on the same wall.
Most of the modern ventless fireplaces can be installed as close as 14 inches below the TV or other electronics. This dream of enjoying your favorite movie by the fireplace can finally become a reality!
5. Modern fireplaces take so little space, this leaves you more room for other décor features.
Eliminating massive mantels and chimneys leaves you more room that you can use for storage or other décor elements.
Modern fireplaces offer you the possibility to use them as accent pieces for space. They come in a variety of unusual and intriguing forms and designs and they’re easy to integrate into pretty much any space. This makes them really versatile and it also means more research is necessary before finding the right design - that's a good problem to have :)