Outdoor Heater Options
There are many kinds of patio heaters available on the market. Here are the four most popular types.
Electric Patio Heaters
Electric patio heaters require lower clearances, have overall lower cost of ownership, less maintenance and more control options. Safer for covered porches and enclosed areas.SHOP NOW
Gas Patio Heaters
Gas patio heaters produce more heat than electric. Great solution for colder climates and larger spaces, especially commercial. Overhead and freestanding options available.SHOP NOW
Portable Outdoor propane heaters
Portable propane patio heaters are great for open spaces where overhead heaters cannot be mounted. Popular as a quick / seasonal patio heating solution.SHOP NOW
Pyramid Patio Heaters
Pyramid patio heaters produce the least amount of heat but they create beautiful ambiance. This type of heater is best paired with another overhead heater for best result.SHOP NOW
Which patio heaters are the best?
There is no one-size-fits-all best patio heater.
Start by asking yourself questions listed below and narrow down your needs. Then pick a heater type.
5 Questions to ask yourself, before buying a patio heater
- Do you want electric or gas?
- What size is the space you want to heat up?
- Is your outdoor area under cover or open?
- Do you want a portable heater that you can move around, or would you prefer it to be fixed?
- Do you want to keep warm or simply create an inviting atmosphere?
Best Patio Heaters by Application
- Electric patio heaters are best for covered patios, screened porches, and warmer climates.
- Gas patio heaters are best for colder climates and larger spaces that need more heat.
- Portable propane patio heaters are best for open spaces or as a quick / temporary / seasonal solution.
- Pyramid patio heaters are best for creating ambiance and work great in conjunction with other patio heaters.