Here are a few tips to help you prepare to receive and install your unit.
1. Tracking The Shipment
Make sure to check your inbox for a shipping confirmation email from email@example.com.
We encourage you to track your shipment online on the shipping carrier's website or on the phone with the carrier using your tracking number as a reference.
2. Receiving Your Package
SMALLER ITEMS SHIPPED FEDEX OR UPS GROUND:
FedEx and UPS Ground do not require a signature and will leave the package in a suitable place near your door.
Please inspect the package immediately and report any damages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAVY, BULKY ITEMS SHIPPED FREIGHT:
As defined by the trucking industry, Home Delivery means "curbside delivery" in a residential area. You may need assistance to move the package indoors or you might unbox the shipment and carry each piece inside individually.
An adult has to be present at the time of the delivery to inspect the package for damages and sign the delivery receipt.
When your shipment arrives at a nearby terminal, you will be contacted by the freight carrier to schedule a delivery appointment. Most companies offer appointment windows (usually 3-4 hours) between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
RECEIVING YOUR SHIPMENT STEPS:
1. Take a picture of the package before you accept it from the carrier, on or off the truck.
2. Inspect the box for damages.
3. Don't rush to sign the delivery receipt:
- If the item is damaged, write "Damage" on the delivery receipt, then sign.
- If you didn't have a chance to open the box and thoroughly check, write "Subject to concealed damage" on the delivery receipt, then sign.
4. Inspect your delivery carefully.
Report any damaged or missing items within 24 hours of delivery to email@example.com.
5. Retain all original packaging (including shipping pallet, if applicable) in the event that a return is required.
Following these steps will protect you in case of any damages and make the process of replacing the damaged and/or missing items much smoother.
Modern Blaze cannot be held responsible for the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged items if there is no notation about the damage on the freight delivery receipt or if the damage was reported later than 24 hours after delivery.
3. What if it's Damaged?
Modern Blaze will replace any damaged items or issue a full refund if you follow our policies which can be summed up in a few simple steps:
1. Do not refuse the shipment.
2. Mark "DAMAGE" on the delivery receipt and take a picture of it (freight shipments only)
3. Take a picture of the actual damage and the box with the shipping label clearly visible.
4. Report the damage to us within 24 hours via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach all the pictures.
5. Save all original packaging (including shipping pallet, if applicable) in the event that a return is required.
4. Preparing for Installation
Your unit will have a product manual with installation instructions included in the box.
If you want to plan ahead and figure out what other materials you need for the installation, check out our installation guides. You can also visit the product page on our website to download a PDF copy of the manual.
You can also download a PDF copy of your manual and tech specs located on the product description page. Just search for your model here: SEARCH. Look for the "DOWNLOADS" section located below the "FEATURES".
We are always happy to help!