Are Electric Fireplaces Safe?
When it comes to safety, electric fireplaces are the safest type of fireplaces you can find today. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. No Danger of Fire
Electric fireplaces are safer than any other kinds of fireplaces when it comes to the fire danger.
This is because electric fireplaces only imitate real flames but don't actually have any combustion happening inside.
With that said, even electrical appliances can cause a fire. That's why it is very important to install electric fireplaces according to the manufacturer instructions and hire a licensed electrician for all the wiring.
2. Electric Fireplaces are Safe for Kids and Pets
In photo: Modern Flames "Landscape Pro Multi" 3-Sided Smart Electric Fireplace
You don't have to worry about burns or somebody sticking their hands in the fire because there is no actual fire and electric fireplaces stay cool to the touch.
Electric fireplaces only imitate the look of the fire with the use of LED lights - you get the ambiance of a fireplace without any downsides.
That's why electric fireplaces are much safer than any other types of fireplaces when it comes to burns.
3. Electric Fireplaces are Safe for Your Health
Electric fireplaces are safe for people with asthma and other respiratory health conditions. Electric fireplaces are the only type fireplaces that don't negatively affect air quality in your home.
Electric fireplaces don't affect your air quality because there is no actual fire. No fire = no combustion and not dangerous emissions into the air.If you care about your air quality, an electric fireplace is your safest choice when it comes to fireplaces.
4. Electric Fireplaces are Safe for Our Environment
Electric fireplaces are much better for our environment than any other types of fireplaces.
They are 100% efficient, require very little energy to create the flame effect, and don't produce any dangerous emissions into the air.
If you care about your carbon footprint, going electric is the way to go.
5. Safe For Your Decor
In photo: Dimplex IgniteXL 50-Inch Built-in Hardwired Electric Fireplace
With electric fireplaces, you don't have to worry about damaging your electronics or art that you put above the fireplace.
On average, electric fireplaces produce 4-5 times less heat than gas fireplaces for example. Even better, you can turn the heat off completely and still enjoy the beautiful flames all year long 24/7.
Majority of people are happy with the amount of heat electric fireplaces produce. Electric fireplaces can heat up to 500 - 1000 sq. ft (varies by model and installation).
Overall electric fireplaces are safe for your home decor while providing a nice supplemental source of heat when you need it.
Electric fireplaces are much safer than any other type of fireplaces available today. With electric fireplaces you don't have to worry about fires, burns, bad air quality or environmental pollution.
If you want to get a safe fireplace, go with an electric fireplace.
Enter our $100 gift card giveaway! Click here to join.
- Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- Clean Energy Fireplace Solutions For Your Home
- Best Electric Fireplaces to Buy in 2023
- Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Ideas in Living Room
- 4 Best Electric Fireplace Heaters to Warm Your Home
- 5 Types of Fireplaces For Apartments and Homes Without Chimneys
- 5 Best Electric Fireplace Inserts According to Reviews
Shop Electric Fireplaces:
- Modern Ventless Fireplaces
- Wall Mounted Electric Fireplaces
- Built-in or Recessed Electric Fireplaces
- Electric Fireplace Inserts
- TV Stands with Electric Fireplaces
- 3-Sided Electric Fireplaces
- 2-Sided Electric Fireplace
- Electric Fireplaces to Install in 2x4 Wall
- Electric Fireplaces With Mantels
We share even more on Social Media:
Click Here to join our Design Community!
Check out our social media:
Pin this article: