How to Start a Fire in 7 Easy Steps
You probably think you know how to start the fire. Everybody knows, right? - Pile up the wood and light it up... But have you ever had one of those nights when you just can't get the fire started? I know I did. It is frustrating and it takes the joy out of the moment...
Good news! There is a quick and easy way to start a fire in your fire pit and we are going to break it down to you step by step and even show you the video explaining exactly how to do it.
Starting a fire in 7 Easy Steps
1. Prepare some small dry sticks (or buy special kindling - fat wood is the best).
2. Prepare 6-8 bigger dry logs.
3. Set 4 bigger logs in a criss-cross pattern and place smaller pieces in the middle.
4. Light up one of the smaller pieces.
5. Use that burning piece to light up the rest of the small pieces inside bigger logs.
6. Use the rest of the bigger logs to add another layer or two. This creates a chimney effect that helps the fire started.
7. Now, just sit back and watch it burn :)
This handy guide on how to start a fire was shared by Fire Pit Art. Here is a video they made that shows the entire process:
To see entire catalog of our fire pits go to http://modernblaze.com/collections/fire-pits
Some Fire Pit inspiration:
Check out our outdoor catalog:
Also in DIY Projects
Picture a glamorous fireplace glowing under you flat screen TV and giving your living room an upscale and welcoming feel. Imagine your house guests enjoying a charming atmosphere your fireplace creates.
If you are ready to bring this dream into reality, we found a handy guide that shows you exactly how to install an electric fireplace under a TV and build a stone surround in just one weekend.
With modern bio-ethanol burners, you can design and build your own eco-friendly ventless fireplace. All you need is an ethanol burner and some non-flammable material.